• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0
     
  • Notice: N/A
    Loading...
 
  • Active Users
     
  • There are currently no users chatting.
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Liberalism

  1. #1
    Member
    Spencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    560
    Liked Posts
    641

    Liberalism

    Spoiler

  2. #2


    GlowSwish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,091
    Liked Posts
    6,293
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaay


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/do...eachment-odds/

    Their latest odds are as follows:

    • Impeachment or resignation before 2020: 8/11 (58 per cent chance)
    • To serve full first term: Evens (50 per cent chance)

    go back to /r/the_donald please

  3. #3
    Member
    Spencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    560
    Liked Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowStick View Post
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaay


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/do...eachment-odds/

    Their latest odds are as follows:

    • Impeachment or resignation before 2020: 8/11 (58 per cent chance)
    • To serve full first term: Evens (50 per cent chance)

    go back to /r/the_donald please
    I'm just here for the dank memes m8. In all seriousness r/the Donald and r/politics are cancerous and are part of the problem. Don't like a lot of shit our president says and I didn't vote for him in the caucus in my state but I'm going to give him a full term before I make a complete judgement. On a different note, I feel like a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed about the impeachment circlejerk, as I really don't see it happening.
    Spoiler

  4. #4
    faded.

    Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,206
    Liked Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I'm going to give him a full term before I make a complete judgement.
    If you read his twitter, you'll have your complete judgement.... He's cancer and needs to go...



  5. #5
    🔥🔥🔥
    Jamie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,378
    Liked Posts
    2,660
    r/the_donald LMAAAOOO

    I have that subreddit blocked from my r/all bc those guys just can't accept the fact that Donald Trump is such a shitty President. At no point have I ever been able to understand why anyone would support him.

  6. 1 person likes this post:


  7. #6
    Member
    Spencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    560
    Liked Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    r/the_donald LMAAAOOO

    I have that subreddit blocked from my r/all bc those guys just can't accept the fact that Donald Trump is such a shitty President. At no point have I ever been able to understand why anyone would support him.
    Really not that hard to understand. Most people who voted for him don't actually "support" him, the only reason he won the election is because of the candidate he was running against.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If you read his twitter, you'll have your complete judgement.... He's cancer and needs to go...
    I like to believe that I'm a fair person and I'm willing to let whoever becomes president have atleast a term before I evaluate how terrible they did their job.
    Spoiler

  8. 2 people like this post:


  9. #7
    Emily's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,009
    Liked Posts
    4,275
    there are some things u need to learn about people and the world, spencer, and i am going to take the time to write this response in hopes that i can help u understand this more as the person i knew you to be would appreciate such a reply

    - there is a very large difference between being fair and being ignorant -

    there are some times in life where, as a reasonable and rational human being, u should give the "benefit of the doubt" to before u pass judgement-
    examples: when u are on a first date that starts out poorly, watching a movie and not liking the beginning... this is being fair
    an example of something that does not apply here: the presidency... this is called being ignorant

    as u said, trump was elected (mostly) because of what people didn't want (more of the same / hillary / etc) rather than being a believer in him and what he could do for the country

    he has, unarguably, the most important job in the country..
    being president is not the kind of job where you get to fuck up and say fucked up things (you yourself said you don't like a lot of the things he says) but be given the benefit of the doubt for it all
    to ignore these things, and not place fault and judgement upon him, is ignorance

    the focus is not yet on how terrible he did his job, but rather it is about how terrible he is doing his job
    was he practically set up to fail? yes, because he was never prepared for the job he has in the first place
    that does not AT ALL mean he deserves to get a free pass

    moving on and looking towards the future is extremely important
    yes, trump was predicted to lose by every democrat in the country as is the point of your video
    yes, hillary clinton was embarrassing and a major problem for the democrats and is why they lost the election- the democrats have lots of problems of their own and need to get their shit together, we know this
    but the thing is... the election is over, when we are talking about the president these aren't relevant topics anymore to how he, as a president, is doing in office
    understand that this video you posted is not important anymore to what is going on

    --

    i could stop here, but i want to show you why it is important that you don't just allow your president to do whatever the fuck trump is doing right now for a full term before you "completely judge him" because you want to be "fair"

    not only do u have the right to demand more from your president, but it is something u should do because many people in less fortunate life circumstances do not have that same privilege

    one of my very good friends in this world is turkish, she was born in turkey and was staying here in america getting a degree (which she did) and has recently been forced to go back to turkey
    since you are very into government i am sure you know all about the current situation in turkey with erdogan; i am sure you even heard about what erdogan's bodyguards did in DC when he was here visiting with trump- just a baby's glimpse into the kind of things going on there

    in the past year, there have been multiple times where my ability to be in contact with her has been limited
    let me provide you with this brief piece of an article on #shitturkeydoes



    i know how smart you are so i'm not even going to explain to you how it is fucked up because you should already know
    my only point with telling you about this is to show you why you shouldn't so freely give out your courtesies to a world leader when you have the right in america to say shit about it rather than posting a dumbass video like this

    don't feel the need to write much of a response because i'd rather you just think about what i said rather than rush to reply to me when i will most likely forget to even check this website anyway i hope you are doing well in school / with your girlfriend etc etc etc.....
    Last edited by Emily; 29-06-17 at 04:34 AM.
    april

  10. 6 people like this post:


  11. #8
    🔥🔥🔥
    Jamie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,378
    Liked Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Really not that hard to understand. Most people who voted for him don't actually "support" him, the only reason he won the election is because of the candidate he was running against.
    Fair point, however I do still find it hard to understand why anyone supports him period.

  12. 1 person likes this post:


  13. #9
    Member
    Spencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    560
    Liked Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    there are some things u need to learn about people and the world, spencer, and i am going to take the time to write this response in hopes that i can help u understand this more as the person i knew you to be would appreciate such a reply

    - there is a very large difference between being fair and being ignorant -

    there are some times in life where, as a reasonable and rational human being, u should give the "benefit of the doubt" to before u pass judgement-
    examples: when u are on a first date that starts out poorly, watching a movie and not liking the beginning... this is being fair
    an example of something that does not apply here: the presidency... this is called being ignorant

    as u said, trump was elected (mostly) because of what people didn't want (more of the same / hillary / etc) rather than being a believer in him and what he could do for the country

    he has, unarguably, the most important job in the country..
    being president is not the kind of job where you get to fuck up and say fucked up things (you yourself said you don't like a lot of the things he says) but be given the benefit of the doubt for it all
    to ignore these things, and not place fault and judgement upon him, is ignorance

    the focus is not yet on how terrible he did his job, but rather it is about how terrible he is doing his job
    was he practically set up to fail? yes, because he was never prepared for the job he has in the first place
    that does not AT ALL mean he deserves to get a free pass

    moving on and looking towards the future is extremely important
    yes, trump was predicted to lose by every democrat in the country as is the point of your video
    yes, hillary clinton was embarrassing and a major problem for the democrats and is why they lost the election- the democrats have lots of problems of their own and need to get their shit together, we know this
    but the thing is... the election is over, when we are talking about the president these aren't relevant topics anymore to how he, as a president, is doing in office
    understand that this video you posted is not important anymore to what is going on

    --

    i could stop here, but i want to show you why it is important that you don't just allow your president to do whatever the fuck trump is doing right now for a full term before you "completely judge him" because you want to be "fair"

    not only do u have the right to demand more from your president, but it is something u should do because many people in less fortunate life circumstances do not have that same privilege

    one of my very good friends in this world is turkish, she was born in turkey and was staying here in america getting a degree (which she did) and has recently been forced to go back to turkey
    since you are very into government i am sure you know all about the current situation in turkey with erdogan; i am sure you even heard about what erdogan's bodyguards did in DC when he was here visiting with trump- just a baby's glimpse into the kind of things going on there

    in the past year, there have been multiple times where my ability to be in contact with her has been limited
    let me provide you with this brief piece of an article on #shitturkeydoes



    i know how smart you are so i'm not even going to explain to you how it is fucked up because you should already know
    my only point with telling you about this is to show you why you shouldn't so freely give out your courtesies to a world leader when you have the right in america to say shit about it rather than posting a dumbass video like this

    don't feel the need to write much of a response because i'd rather you just think about what i said rather than rush to reply to me when i will most likely forget to even check this website anyway i hope you are doing well in school / with your girlfriend etc etc etc.....
    I appreciate you taking the time to post this, and agree with basically everything you said. One thing I do want to point out is that I never specifically said what our president does in the moment is not important. Of course I am going to have opinions (particularly strong opinions, as you of all people would know about me) on political things happening right now in the present. There are a lot of this with this president in particular I don't like, but I am willing to at least put on some non-partisan tinted glasses to try and understand what is going on.

    Really what I was trying to point out was how unlike a lot of the hivemind echo-chambers found across the internet (mostly reddit, r/politics for liberals and r/the_donald for Trump humpers), I try and at least be objective when considering those events in the present time. Politics in the United States as you know is a very drawn out process that takes a substantial amount of time for really anything to get done. The "fairness" thing I was talking about was where I give a president atleast a full term to make changes (regardless good or bad), and then that's where I see if I would deem them completely awful or not. A president can start out great, and get worse over time or start out terrible and end up being decent.

    I am not a fan of Bush at all, and even though I was younger I can still see the ramifications of policy passed back then in our country today (though to be fair it wasn't completely his fault). Maybe to your surprise I gave Obama a chance too, and obviously I do not have a very favorable view of him either. I don't like to group myself as left or right, but I tend to agree with libertarian-leaning republicans on most issues (Rand and Ron Paul for example). I would, however, vote democrat if certain candidate were nominated by the party. At the risk of sounding narcissistic, I believe more people should do the same; don't just vote along party lines, educate yourself on the issues and make decisions from watching both types of news and media sources.

    Believe it or not I actually attended a Bernie Sanders rally (a candidate I most likely would have voted for in the general election even though I disagree with many of his suggestions and policies) here in my state awhile back, as well as a Trump rally just recently when he came here. I feel it has been beneficial to me in the sense that I got to meet people of different types, debate with them on some issues, and overall just become more informed on where people stand; again, something I suggest everyone should do rather than just shutting out anything that challenges what you already think you know or believe. Obviously the original post on this thread was more of a troll post and a dig at Hillary to get people riled up, but I'm glad it has started some discussion. It was nice hearing from you though and I hope everything is going well for you too.
    Spoiler

  14. 2 people like this post:


  15. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Little Creek, Va.
    Posts
    234
    Liked Posts
    115
    Liberalism is a very serious mental illness, my thoughts & prayers go out to any victims of this illness.

  16. 1 person likes this post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •